Friday, August 27, 2010

Fishing Report

We stayed busy with Cindy and Jacob here and on Sunday we headed out to fish on the Yellowstone River. We decided to go out in the afternoon and fish into dusk. We were lucky and Karissa (Hyat's nanny from way back when that we love dearly) came over and watched Embrie. Hyat wanted to go, so we loaded him and knew that it would be another napless day.

My sweet husband was a great guide and got my dad and I into fish. Hoppers on the Yellowstone is just a great time of year! I won't tell you how many fish my dad missed, because I can't count that high! Thankfully, he finally got one to the boat and it just got better from there!

Buck and I also managed to pull a few out! And this one Hyat reeled in for Buck, he is pretty dang cute!

Yup, that mine... Hmmm, I need to work on my presentation!

Part way through the float, Cindy hopped on my boat and my dad rowed for my mom and Jacob. Unfortunately, the slight breeze had kicked up into an actual wind and fishing got a little tougher. I am sad to report that our guests didn't manage to catch much. Cindy managed to pull a dink aboard and that was all. As we were finishing out our float, I decided to keep tossing my fly and managed to land one right before the take out. Buck credited it as the biggest fish of the day (my persistence paid off)... Maybe we should have taken a picture!

No comments: