Friday, August 27, 2010

Morrell Falls

We actually headed up to Seeley Lake on Friday (the day before my Tri) with the goal of getting in a hike that afternoon. I made everyone leave at 8 a.m. This meant that after driving all day Thursday to get to Montana Cindy, Jacob and my dad would have to get up early on there first day of vacation. My goal was to get to Seeley Lake and do a hike up to Morrell Falls. I don't know why, but it took us FOREVER to get there. Once we did finally get there it was past lunch time and almost nap time for the kiddos. We grabbed a bite to eat and headed up the trail. Jacob was nice enough to carry Embrie for me and I ended up carrying Hyat. I thought he would walk more, but being on the fringe of nap time he enjoyed riding in the backpack. Which meant I had the pleasure(?) of carrying an extra 30 pounds for 3 hours. It was worth it...
Lake before the falls:
The falls:
Our cute boy:
Group shot:
As Cindy took this photo (well, set up the self-timer so we could all be pictured) it started sprinkling. The sprinkles quickly turned to rain, which meant I was rushing to shove my kids into some kind of rain gear. We were well past nap time now, and it sent them both into fits. So as we started down the trail it was to the tune of two wailing children. Eventually they both fell asleep - which ended up being the only nap they had that day! We survived and after hiking went and checked into our cabins at Tamaracks Resort. Jen and her family joined us there for a spaghetti dinner and we enjoyed a nice evening, even though it was a cooler than we had hoped for. I had envisioned the kids playing in the lake, not having on long sleeves!

No comments: