Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandpa!!


Happy Birthday Grandpa!

He had help blowing out his candles...
Why all the smoke?

Grandpa got to celebrate another birthday!  Happy 64th Birthday!  After a delicious dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas (made by the birthday boy himself), he got to blow out candles.  Though not 64 of them...we didn't want to burn the house down!  I had managed to make him a lemon meringue pie and Hyat and I decorated it with candles.  Hyat was also kind enough to share his pirate flag decorations with Grandpa, so Grandpa could have a pirate birthday too!

We tried to get a cute picture of the Grandpa and the kids.... I think it is evident the kids were not cooperating!  However, that is not a sign of how much they love this guy. 
Happy Birthday Dad! We love you and are thankful to have you close and a part of lives, just about every single day!  Hope this new year is filled with many blessing - and with these kiddos around I am sure it will be! And just think, only another year until I make you another pie!

No comments: