Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hyat's going hunting...

Hunting season in Montana begins with archery in September and ends with rifle all the way through November. So needless to say, Buck does a lot of hunting. With that, there are a lot of mornings he is up and on his way in the wee hours of the morning before the kids are up. So then Hyat will get up and ask, "Where's daddy?" And I will respond "Daddy's hunting with _____ (whatever friend has joined him that day." And we go about our day with Hyat periodically asking where daddy is or Hyat telling me daddy's hunting. Then we made our big trip to eastern Montana and both mommy and daddy were hunting. After that trip Hyat began telling us: "Hyat shoot big buck!" Then a couple of nights ago we were sitting at the dinner and had the following exchange:

Jeni: "Hyat what are you going to do tomorrow?"
Hyat: "I'm going hunting."
Jeni: "Really, who are going hunting with?"
Hyat: "Daddy!"
Jeni: "I bet daddy would love that, but I think you are going to Grandma and Grandpa's."
Hyat: "No, Hyat hunting!"

Hyat, daddy can't wait until the day comes that you do get to go hunting with him.

No comments: